About The Grand Lake Sailing Club
GLSC was started in 1962 as Port Grove Sailing Club when a few members wished to have a sailing club on Grand Lake. In 1972 plans were made for the purchase of 10 beautiful acres, the present property, located on Dilar Cove off of the main body of Grand Lake.
The facilities include:
- Excellent wet slips for 86 boats ranging from 20 feet up to 40 feet. There is water and electrical hookups for all of the slips. A pump out station is also available for club members.
- Clubhouse with full kitchen area, with dining inside and on the outside deck.
- Updated modern rest room facilities including showers and sitting area for the ladies.
- On the waters edge is a large covered deck with picnic tables, outside cooking facilities and fire pits for the cooler evenings.
- Full time caretakers reside on the property for security measures and safety of your boat.
- Picnic and tent camping areas.
- RV spaces which include electricity and water hookup.
- Large dry sailing area for trailers and dry storage of sailboats.
- Launching ramp for dry sailors.
Membership consists of approximately 100 families from throughout the four state areas. They represent a diverse group of individuals from all walks of life, which delight in the common denominator… SAILING.
You and your guests, along with fellow members share one of the friendliest and active sailing clubs on Grand Lake. Members stay informed, involved, and in touch through our website and the many club events which take place throughout the year. Club activities are numerous throughout the year as viewed on our Calendar page. Also please visit our
Gallery page and Past Events page for additional information.
Activities at the club are varied and include racing throughout the year according to ISAF rules, parties on the large covered deck, raft ups on the lake and impromptu get togethers occasionally.
Some of the memorable activities include:
- Long Distance Classic Race.
- Annual wine and cheese party.
- October cruise week-A week of sailing to different marinas on the lake.
- Blessing of the fleet.
- Full moon cruise night.
- January 1 sail (frosty??)
There is something for everybody whether you are a novice and want to learn or have had vast experience in sailing off shore like some of our members. There is always something to learn from your fellow sailors at GLSC.
If you are interested in joining a great sailing club please visit our Membership page.