Hooray! Grand Lake Sailing Club will soon have a new, modern, beautiful clubhouse!
Joel Leach, Commodore, and David Maxey, Vice Commodore, signed a contract with Three Cannons Construction on April 7, 2021 to remove the existing clubhouse and build a new one in approximately the same place. The new clubhouse will be double in size from the current 480 square feet to 960 square feet.
There will be a large, covered deck that wraps around from the west side to the north side of the clubhouse. Two 6-foot sliding glass doors and a window on the north wall will provide beautiful views of the lake and docks.
(click on images to enlarge)
The project will commence in phases as outlined below. Note that estimated completion dates may be altered due to weather delays and/or material shortages.
- Phase 1 -The project begins with cleaning out the existing clubhouse. Volunteers will gather on Saturday, April 10, to move appliances, cabinets, books and bookcases and other items that will be stored away until the new clubhouse is finished and these items can be returned.
- Phase 2 -The next phase of the project is for Three Cannons to begin removal of the existing clubhouse. This should be complete by the end of April.
- Phase 3 – Foundation work, framing and roofing will take place next, estimated to be done by mid-May.
- Phase 4 – Utilities, HVAC and sheetrock are estimated to be completed by the end of May.
- Phase 5 – Decking, doors, siding, windows, and trim are planned to be installed by early June.
- Phase 6 – GLSC members begin final completion, installing floors, cabinets, painting, and miscellaneous finish work.
- Phase 7 – CELEBRATION!!!
Keep checking this website. We’ll keep you updated as the project progresses.
Lots of members of Grand Lake Sailing Club worked hard to empty out the old …
Three Cannons Construction began demolition of the clubhouse on Monday, …